An exclamation mark (!) in place of plugin name means automatic connection. If "!" is placed before the first plugin name, the first plugin has its inputs connected to system:capture_1 and system:capture_2. If it's placed between plugin names, those plugins are connected together (first plugin's output is connected to second plugin's input). If it's placed after last plugin name, that plugin's audio outputs are connected to system:playback_1 and system:playback_2 (first output pair).
Plugin names (should be self-explanatory):
* pulsator (autopanner/tremolo)
* compdelay (compensation delay)
* filterclavier (keyboard-controlled tunable filter)
* eq5, eq8, eq12, eq30
* crusher (bit crusher)
* xover2, xover3, xover4 (speaker crossovers)
* analyzer (spectrum analyzer / spectrogram plugin)
* multichorus (chorus effect with multiple voices)
* compressor (Thor Harald Johansen's dynamic compressor)
* organ (polyphonic synthesizer emulating tonewheel or solid state organs)
* rotaryspeaker (not a faithful emulation, not even close)
To start monosynth with automatic connection to first system audio output, and no automatic MIDI connection, use:
calfjackhost monosynth !
(! means "connect", last "!" means "connect to output")
calfjackhost monosynth ! vintagedelay ! flanger ! -M 2
(runs monosynth into vintagedelay and vintagedelay into flanger, then to output; connects monosynth's MIDI input to JACK's system:midi_capture_2)
calfjackhost "monosynth:Fat Bass"
(runs monosynth with a Fat Bass preset into monosynth, does not autoconnect)
calfjackhost ! reverb !
(takes signal from system:capture_1 and _2, puts it through reverb, and then sends to system:playback_1 and _2)
Note: none of the automatic connection features will work if autoconnection is disabled for session management purposes.