Section: User Contributed Perl Documentation (3)
Munin::Common::Daemon - utilities for daemons.
The following daemon-related features are supported:
- sd_notify: signal readiness of the daemon
Send a ``ready'' signal according to the "sd_notify" interface:
- 1. check whether the environment variable "NOTIFY_SOCKET" is defined
- 2. remove this variable from the environment (this interface is not propagated to children)
- 3. send the string "READY=1" to the socket
The function returns silently, if something fails.
The function should be called as soon as the service is ready to accept
Calling this function is always safe - independent of the caller supporting the
"sd_notify" interface or not.
Examples for callers supporting the "sd_notify" interface:
- systemd: see "Type=Notify" in "5" in systemd.exec
- start-stop-daemon: see "--notify-await" in "8" in start-stop-daemon
See the specification of ``sd_notify'' <https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/sd_notify.html>
for further details of this interface.